Mostly in India, Monsoon starts in the mid-June. This year in 2019 it was a bit late because of cyclone Vaayu, which was about to hit the cost lines of Gujarat, India.
Monsoon is the season we love the most. It gives so much of happiness when rain comes. But along with that monsoon brings unhygienic things in environment. Also people tend to get infections of stomach and throat, cough, cold, fever, etc.
Monsoon Tips for your overall health.
- In this rainy season, after being wet in the rains you must go for the bath everytime. Because rainy water is not good for your skin as well as hairs.
- Skin may get infection through rainy water or from any other source wherever you work through touch.
- Keep your hairs tied in the monsoon. There will be already so much of moisture in environment, your open hair will definitely irritate you. So keep them tied. And If you get wet in the rains then please wash your hairs , do shampoo your hair to avoid any infection in the scalp.
- Avoid food from outside. Whether it is from restaurant or any street food.
- Try to consume freshly made meals at home.
- Though you have installed water purifiers, Use boiled water for food preparation and for drinking.
- Consume more homemade juices to keep yourself hydrated. hydration is necessary in the monsoon also.
- Avoid wearing too much accessories in monsoon season, like neck piece or earrings, bangles/bracelets.
- Don’t go for too much tight clothing. Wear some airy and flowy outfits. Instead of denims try to wear skirts and maxi dresses.
- Drying your clothes in the monsoon is also one of the most irritating tasks. For that also you can choose the fabrics which dry out quickly in your regular wear.
- Try to wear full sleeves to avoid mosquito attack.
- Moisturizing your skin is must in any season whether it is summer, winter or monsoon. Don’t skip it.
- I would recommend to use sunscreen daily even if its monsoon.
- Don’t wear too much makeup. You can apply BB/CC cream and lipstick for minimal look. And if you are in the field which requires full makeup face everyday then choose water proof makeup accordingly.
- Talking about your feet, walking in the rainy polluted water may harm or infect your feet. Use anti allergen lotion or powder after coming at home. Avoid wearing leather shoes or fabric shoes. Best choice will be plastic flip-flops.
- Keep your house neat and clean, keep away the Mosquitoes.
- Rainy season may not allow you to go for a walk in the morning or evening or to go at gym, then try some exercise at home only. No need to stop your workout.
- Travel always with Umbrella or Raincoat.
- Make sure your handbags and laptop bags are water resistant.
- Keep all your electronic equipment charged like mobile phone, tablet, laptop, power bank,etc.
Things to Enjoy in The Monsoon
- Hot cup of tea or coffee.
- Hot snacks like popcorn, roasted corn, boiled corn.
- Hot pan pizza.
- Enjoying rain with your kids.
- Play romantic music/songs and dance with your partner.