Hello Pretties , What’s happening at present in your mind?
Do you take care of yourself precisely? You may be thinking what I am talking about… Right? I am talking about the feminine hygiene. The most important thing of being women.
As you grow , become mature you will understand why feminine hygiene is important. I am going to share some facts which I came to know while reading other blogs on feminine hygiene. What products you use while menstruation ? After menstruation ? or what you do if you are having problem of vaginal discharge? While all these periods taking care of your vagina is very important. Why? Because you must be using sanitary pads, tampons, panty liners,etc.
Do you know how they are made?
- Sanitary pads are not purely made of cotton but they’re made of cellulose gel , cellulose fibers can cause cervical cancer.
- Pads are made of plastic materials, some chemicals that are made to plastic like BPA & BPS can complicate embryonic development. The plasticizers can actually lead to organ damage.
- The Dioxin (chemical which give white color to the pad) present in the pads can cause ovarian cancer.
- Pads contain pesticides and herbicides.
- Perfumed products can imbalance your normal body pH level and it increase the chances of developing bladder infections. Bacterial infection caused by staph. aureus can leads to Toxic Shock Syndrome.
After presenting this above information to you guys , I would recommend to use organic products which is made up of organic cotton (without pesticides and herbicides) , non perfumed. I recently come in contact with the brand which makes organic pads, panty-liners, intimate wash, menstrual cups. I got my hands on Everteen-Daily Panty Liners recently.
Everteen panty liners performed so well. In comparison with other brands which I was using regularly these were amazing. It’s 100% cotton so it was ultra light weight, gives protection for upto 8 hours. It doesn’t leave any rashes to the skin.
More information about Panty liners-
- A panty liner is similar to a pad or sanitary napkin, but a little lighter, thinner and not used to soak up too much of your menstruation/period blood.
- It can be used to absorb daily vaginal discharge. post-intercourse discharge or even a light period flow.
- If a panty liner is worn to protect against light menstruation, discharge, light urine leakage or spotting, it should be changed as regularly as you change a sanitary pad.
- If the panty liner is worn for any other purpose, it should be changed as soon as it feels moist, & probably after no longer than 8 hours.
- Use of pantliners regularly is not encouraged as they can be a source of infection or irritate the vulva skin. Their best use is as a temporary measure to prevent staining from light flow or discharge; if you do want to wear them regularly, choose non-fragmented and 100% cotton to at-least ensure less chemicals are in contact with you.
Everteen has a huge variety of organic products for feminine hygiene. You can check them at www.everteen.co.in