Stress is very common condition. You can see it in every human being. There is no one who haven’t deal with the stress once in a lifetime. Most of the time Stress occurs because of the situations, post-traumatic , hormonal imbalance, etc.
Being an adult you can understand what is stress in your feeling and how to deal with it. But in case of children, they doesn’t have any knowledge about stressful feelings, what to do with that feelings so they can’t handle it with their mental situation.
The sources of stress can be external such as a problem at school, changes in the family, conflict with a friend. Anxious feelings can also be caused by child’s internal feelings like doing well in studies , doing more of their interests.
- Big changes in the family like divorce, a death or a birth of new sibling.
- Constantly running from one activity to another can cause a great deal of stress for children, who usually need some me-time every once in while.
- Children who are bullied often feel embarrassed about being targeted and they may hide the bullying from parents or teachers for fear of drawing attention to their perceived weaknesses.
Parents have to take care of all this things.
- Try to understand mental status of your child.
- Don’t force your child to do the things in which they have least or no interest.
- Make they to study in stress-free environment at home.
- Behave like a friend & help them to solve their problems wisely.
- Try to improve their weaknesses without putting them into competitions for that particular weakness.
Childhood traumas such as living in an abusive home or being neglected, can contribute to a wide array of problems down the road, including drug and alcohol addiction, depression and anxiety & even Cardiovascular diseases.
It is very important to save your child from having stress in their early life because chronic stress and anxiety leads to mood disorders & anxiety disorders in Adulthood.
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy.